Holiday 2020 GIFT GUIDE: What to gift & WHY
It's holiday time again! Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, or Festivus, we have you covered. This gift guide is a nice start to great gifting along with why the gifts are developmentally appropriate. These are merely suggestions as we offer lots more options in the shop. Check out our website for the "Shop by Age" section for more!
Newborn - Newborn gifts can seem tricky, because what do newborn babies even like? They're new to the world and basically like milk and comfort (anything that feels like home). When they do start to notice things, it starts with sounds, faces, and highly contrasting colors like black, white and red.
• Modern Burlap Black & White Swaddle Blankets $26
• Bannor Rattles $15+
• Tummy Time Board Book $9
• Lumiworld Sound Soother $35
• Bibs $8-27
• Silli Chews Teethers $10-13
• Indestructibles Books $6
• Shape sorters & Stackers $10-20
• BabyLit Books $10
• Ezpz Mini Mat $20
Age 2- Around this age, it almost seems like a switch is flipped and your sweet little babe is suddenly a toddler. They're into everything. They're demanding. They will lose their minds completely at the literal drop of a hat. All I can say is: bed time is soon. Be kind to yourself. The days are long but the years are short.
• Melissa & Doug Fill & Spill $25
• PLAN Toys Pull Along Toys $25
• Jack Rabbit Designs Push Toys $18
• Dëna Rainbows $23-50
Age 3 - Ah, threenagers. These bundles of energy are coming into their own, figuring out how to function in a variety of settings, and trying all the things. They are figuring out the world and how they relate to it. They love doing all the things you do.
• Melissa & Doug Cleaning Sets $20-30
• Melissa & Doug Poke a Dot Books $13
• Fat Brain Timber Tots $17-50
• Fat Brain Squigz $25+
Age 4 - This age is all about pretend. They're starting to understand what fantasy is and they love to play and be silly. They are starting to assert their independence and it's healthy for them to have some of the responsibility they crave in an age appropriate way.
• Melissa & Doug Cooking Sets $20-30
• Melissa & Doug Calendar Boards $20
• Dolls & Dollhouses $13-100
• PLAN Toys Dress Up Sets $30
Age 5 - Children this age love to be included in organized tasks and crafts. It is the perfect time to hone in on their creative side.
• Melissa & Doug Water Wows & Sticker Books $5-10
• Stamp Sets $10
• BabyLit Story Books $13
• Ooly Art Supplies $3+
Age 6 - They're getting close to that age where nothing you do is cool anymore, Mom. However, I have never met a soul who was not delighted by Jellycat. They're quirky, fun and super soft stuffed animals. They're heirloom quality and wonderful.
• Jellycat Stuffed Animals $15-60
• Fat Brain Hey Clay $16
• Fat Brain Offbits $15
Age 7+ - Kids this age love to be entertained. Instead of video games, go for board and puzzle games. We have those you can play as a family as well as enjoy independently.
• Melissa & Doug Suspend $16
• PLAN Toys Balancing Cactus $10-30
• Mason Jar Science Book $15
• Young Scientist's Books $15
• Gift Card (any amount)
New Mama - She will love our delicious lactation cookie mix and some organic balms. Feed her some cookies and let her take a nap. Definite winner! Our cookie mix is great for boosting your milk supply and they are delicious!
• Ella Bella Lactation Cookie Mix $16
• CJ's Best Boobie Butter $10
Any Adult - A few things that will work for just about anyone. If you're shopping for me, I will accept a Bamboo Robe & a bucket of Caramels!
• Recycled Wine Bottle Serveware $16
We have something for anyone & everyone on your list this season! Thank you for shopping small with us! Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can help!
Kelly & Team SoCo